Satellite
  • Day 21

    Meandering

    April 26, 2018 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Heidi has still been blessing us with her early morning rising - I guess at least it makes us get going at a good time instead of wasting the morning!

    The lady at the cafe we had breakfast at this morning was one of the first people we came across who didn’t speak great English. Eli gave up trying to explain how he wanted his eggs cooked and Kyria and I just accepted that we weren’t allowed to swap the coffee for a hot chocolate in the breakfast meal deal - even though it cost basically the same 🙄 it was an awesome breakfast nonetheless! I think breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!

    We went for a wander round the streets today - making our way towards the lookout over the town. We split up when Eli and I stopped to check out the Museum of Broken Relationships and Mike and Kyria went on with their walking. It was a strange museum - as you can gather from the title! It was only small and had various articles people had donated which for them represented their former love and a synopsis about their relationship and how it had fallen apart!

    We walked on up to the lookout and then walked back down and met Mike and Kyria back at the apartment. We decided it might be easier to split up for a bit and go shopping. Eli and I checked out their theatre building, found a chocolate shop and bought a few to try then had a baguette for lunch whilst Heidi had a play on the playground before putting her down for a sleep at the apartment.
    Read more