Satellite
  • Day 6

    2019 Australia Trip - Day 5

    May 30, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Today is a travel day. We got up early for our flight to Cairns, didn’t realize how fast and efficient Sydney security line was. By the time we reached our gate, we had an hour to spare!

    As soon as we landed at Cairns, we could feel the warm breeze on our faces. It sure was nice to leave Sydney’s 40 degrees weather behind.

    Show time!! Steve was going to drive on the “wrong” side of the road for the first time! It felt wrong when we got into our rental. Everything was backwards! Even the seatbelts were buckled on the wrong side. Steve kept mistaking windshield handles for turn signals handles, so every time we needed to turn, the windshield started swiping. I think the locals could tell the tourists apart simply by the frequent windshield actions. LOL!

    The drive from Cairns to Port Douglas was absolutely gorgeous!! The coast line was dotted with white sandy beaches. The hour drive was like driving in a paradise.

    Once we arrived at Port Douglas, Steve felt a lot more comfortable driving on the wrong side.

    Our apartment has 2 bedrooms with their own bathrooms, a nice kitchen and a balcony. The beach is just a 2 minute walk away. Everything is absolutely perfect!

    Steve and Evan spent the afternoon swimming while I was chilling on the beach. A relaxing and calm day today.

    Big day tomorrow! Steve and Evan are going to go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef!
    Read more