Satellite
  • Day 7

    2019 Australia Trip - Day 6

    May 31, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We boarded the Quicksilver cruise ship in the morning, after an hour and half, we arrived at the renowned Agincourt Reef, which is at the very edge of Great Barrier Reef. A step away from where Nemo separated from his Dad by grabbing a boat, and brought back to Sydney (for the few people who haven’t seen the movie, this is a scene from “Finding Nemo”).

    The Quicksilver Cruise actually has a pontoon in the middle of the ocean, which is perfect for me since it’s far more stable than a boat, less likely more me to get motion sickness. And since it’s off season, only less than 100 people are on the boat instead of 400 of its capacity.

    Steve and Evan were scheduled with 2 dives, and they started one soon after we arrived at the pontoon. Steve later told me, they saw a lot of fish hiding in and around the corals; countless species and many different sizes. Both of them have Go Pro attached on their wrists, so they took a lot of videos! Can’t wait to see them!

    By myself, I took the submarine ride twice, and had a full lunch (poor Steve and Evan didn’t have much lunch, because by the time they finished they dives, most food was gone!).

    Dinner was at an excellent Vietnamese restaurant. A nice big bowl of pho was exactly what I needed!
    Read more