Satellite
  • Day 6

    Grand Teton National Park: Day 1

    July 22, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We drove through Yellowstone National Park for the last time in the trip, said goodbye to this magnificent place on earth, heading to Grand Teton National Park.

    2 and half hour later, we arrived The Mural Room at Jackson Hole Lodge for lunch. For the first time during this trip, we were eating our lunch indoors. The restaurant has an amazing view of the Grand Teton Mountain, and the food was fantastic as well!

    On our way to Jackson Hole, we stopped at a beach area right by Jackson Lake. Steve and Evan built the strangest cairn rock art. While others built theirs as a single column to show their rock balancing skills, these two built theirs with 2 columns, with rock bridges between them. I guess you can say it showed their rock bridging skills. LOL! People tend to leave others’ rock arts alone, I wonder if their creation can withstand storms, and stand there for some times to come. By the way, the view of the mountains across the lake was breathtaking!

    On our way to Signal Mountain peak, a coyote ran towards us on the road. We stopped our car to gave it space to pass us, but this guy had a different idea about how to handle this encounter. In order to establish its dominance, or maybe it just really had to go, it looked us right in our eyes, squat down, and pooped!! We were shocked and started laughing. It finished its business, stood up and ran away. We decided to call it Joe.

    As we continue to drive towards Jackson Hole, a sudden rain shower arrived but the sun was still in the sky. The already magnificent mountain peaks were covered with golden mist. We were thinking the Misty Mountains of Lord of Rings must’ve looked like this.

    Jackson Hole is very touristy! The streets were full of people and the restaurants were packed! It’s clear the tourism in America has made its comeback.
    Read more