Satellite
  • Day 2

    Ulawatu, Padang Beach and GWK - Bali

    January 25, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Up early and a car to Ulawatu Temple. Stunning! and no one there just lots of monkeys. A monkey stole my glasses and I thought I might have to go through the rest of the holiday unable to see much but luckily I was rescued by one of the temple officers who tempted the monkey back out of the trees with some food. Just a few scratches as a reminder...

    Then it was on to peaceful Padang Beach to watch the surfers and folks just hanging out enjoying the beach, surf and sea. Chill!

    Last stop of the morning was the massive and impressive Garuda Wishnu Kencana, a park with massive statues, limestone cliffs, regular cultural shows like Balinese dance and lots of tourist shops. Made it just before the crowds and by the time I left the bus loads were pouring in and it was really heating up. A hot sticky 35c.

    So back to the hotel, an air-conditioned lunch stop for a nice Thai salad and a massage followed by lounging in the pool. I don't know how people do the pool thing all day, I would much rather be out and about exploring. An hour by the pool is about my max :-)

    Out exploring Kuta in the evening; sunset on the beach watching the fishing boats bob in the surf and then the malls, restaurants and buzzing evening life of Kuta.
    Read more