Satellite
  • Day 22

    Day 20. Agriturismo Le Burgne

    September 15, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Time to take it easy before the final stage to our overnight accommodation. The route out of town was a very busy and hair-raising so we left at 7 to avoid the worst of the traffic. Once clear of the major roads we sauntered along quiet, minor roads.
    We stopped for coffee and dolci in the very tiny village of Gricignano before continuing along flat roads.
    We missed out on a drink in Fighille due to poor instructions in our book so we continued up to Citerna. Quite a strep climb ensued but we arrived very early and so had lots of time to take it easy before the final stage to our overnight accommodation.
    We hadn't met any other walkers at this stage.
    The first part of the afternoon's walk was downhill and then, of course, it was up. We passed lots of tobacco fields.
    Nearing the top of the climb we were joined by Ralph(German) and we walked together to Le Burgne.
    Our hostess never stops talking. All on Italian and too bad if you don't understand.
    Dinner was delayed to await the arrival of Elizabeth (Austrian).
    For Shirl and I the meal was a disappointment. The soup was fine. It the rest was not to our liking.
    The
    Company and conversation made up for it.
    Shirl's back is OK and we will continue to Citta Di Castello tomorrow.
    Read more