Satellite
  • Day 7

    Tiwanaku, Bolivia

    April 2, 2016 in Bolivia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Day 4

    If you have seen History Channel's #AcientAlien, or if you have read a book from Erik von Daniken, chances are you have heard about the mysteries of Tiwanaku and Puma Punku.

    In fact, this is one of the two reasons I wanted to visit Bolivia so badly. (The other is Uyuni Salt Flat.) I have been telling Sandy that I want to visit Tiwanaku and Puma Punku for many years. I want to go just to touch the stones!

    What's special about the stones at Puma Punku is that there's no record of who and when in the ancient time the structures were built. The stones were carved with precision that even with modern technology it is extremely hard to replicate. Some giant stone blocks are over 100 tones. And some blocks look like they can be attached to each other like puzzles and would fit perfectly.

    A lot of claims made about Puma Punku that it was built with lost technology or even by extraterrestrials.

    Tiwanaku, the most famous archeological site of Bolivia, is about 3km from Puma Punku. There is a wall of faces that some call it races of the galaxy. There is a lot to talk about it and I am not sure if all of you are interested...

    So today I am very excited about crossing out my #1 place to visit.

    We then take an afternoon flight to Uyuni to stay at the salt hotel. It isn't entirely made with salt, but walls and grounds are mostly salt. More about this later...
    Read more