Satellite
  • Day 4

    Aquqrium, Rasta Pasta and Theatre

    July 27, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Friday morning we went to the aquarium. No queues getting in but it was busy inside, lots of smal kids on camop excursions etc. There were lots of campls happening on the harbourt front, with kids brouight in on school buses eaxh day.

    Aquarium was well done and though crowded you could always get to the displays bty waiting a few seconds for people to oce on. The moving walkway through the shark tank was the longest we have seen and some impressive saw fish, sharks and rays in there. Ray bay also had some very big rays. You could touch some crabs and some small sharks in tanks.

    In the grioft shop Ed got a large dhark called Sgeridan and Tash was very excited with her POuffer Fish!. Once out Ed and I popped to Blur Jays shop next door and got a baseball, then we wnet back into the CN Tower to the gift shop so I could get a ftidge magnet. We still has two unused tickets for the CN Tower that Tash and I got as part of ourt Edgewalk, Noit sure when the expoire, maybe we can use them some time in the distant furture!

    After this we braved the streetcar (trams) to get to Kensignton market. We had jerk meatball pasta and jerk chicken panini from Rasta Pasta. The owner was aJamaican character and came out to cokplain about the shopkeeper couple of doors down who was painting somehting oin his shopefront and the smell was blowing down to us suitting outside Ratsa Pasta eating and also affecting the folkjs in the hot kitvhen. He was very jovial and funny.

    We then walked twen minutes or so to Graffiti Alley. The market was like the LOndon version in termsop f the type of unusual out there clothes shops, but was in streets rather thn undercover, some shops just seemed to be peoples front gardens and front rooms.

    Taco Bell stop fro drinks and loo (the mab struggkled with my accent) then the Alleyt, which was very impressive, The graffitti was peoper art work rather than just tages etc. Not sure how they decide who paints what and when it gets painted over.

    From here abnother streetcar back to Union Station to go see the original Banksy in Church Street. I got coins from a bank in chnage to be able to pay the gare (no notes accepted and my cards not here on these macjine3s). Turned out the machines werent working so we got a free ride. Ed and Sam got off and went back to hotel as they were tired. Tash and I stayed on. At Union Station tehre were barriers but we spkke to a man and said we couldnt buy a ticket and when we said we just wanted to leave the station he waved us through and gave us diorectiosn.

    The Banksy was easy to find and preserved behond a glass frame. Quite small (sixe of our TV). We walked back to the hotel about 10 m,imutyes and relaxed before theatre.

    The hoitel restauarmat wasnt open at 530 so we chatted to the concierge and decided just to head to the Eaton Mall food court and get somehting quick. We got a quick cab up there and Sam decided to have a KFC burger, the rest of us had a Subway meal deal. Then there was time for Tash to hit the shops again, Victorias Secret this time., Ed and I did the disney shop and he got a littyle duddly of the guy from Big Hero 6.

    Then across to the theatre which was grand inside, despitre the small dorrwy to the street. We were up front row of the circle, decent seats. Gort givena small prgramme on way in, unlike London. Show was good - Wicked - Sam and I saw it in London maybe 17 ot 18 uears ago so couldnbt really remember it. KIds enjoued it though Ed was pretty tired. Half time ice creams werre same as UK, though only 1 chaop for whole of balcony.

    When it finished we grabbed an Uber easily outside theatre and got bacl to hotel.
    Read more