Satellite
  • Day 10

    Montreal Old Port

    August 2, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Breakfast in hotel, usual buffet. Quite freaky that yiou think yoiumare in Paris somewhere until you see the cars and Canadian flags (which Tash ahs established tehre are always at least two in your field of visison!).

    Tqsh and I got car back from valet and navigated sucessfully to the Esso garage and then on to the Avis. Most Montreal streets are one way so it is easier tog et around. Smooth check out from Avis, remains to be seen what charge we get for the toll road in Toronto. Took an Uber back to the hotel and met with the others who had been quizzing the concierge on what to do.

    The recommendation was to head to the Old Port, with lots of fun things to do for kids. Was about 15 minute walk and we had been given vouchers for discounted Zipline ride. It didn't open until 11, so mwe wanited in queuue for few minytes. Tash had sore eye so didnt want to do it. Ed and I went ahead. Got camera holder for my hand to video using my phone, but then didnt turn it on properly! It was decently fast ride acorss water of old port. I bumped my bottom on steps at start as man pushed me offf and spun round as was going down so my feet hit the branches of a small tree on way into landing zone. Ed enjoyed it too. At end they did green screen shot with Zipe wite name and tower in background which we got.

    Next up was Labyrinth, an indoor maze where you had to fidn 4 objects and get your card stampeld. Average time to cpokplete was 4t5 minuest to an hour. It was fin though sometimes frustrating. Ed wanted to give up and cheat a few tomes but we persevered. Some interesting parts including a jail section where some of the bard were elastic so you coudl squeeze through. We completed in 1 hour and 1 minute so pretty average. Was good fun. Had slushy from cafe after then ehaded fro some food.

    There was a Poutien (chips and gravy) festiveal going on, with various trucks selling different combos. We had popcorn chicken tough not Sam as cheese was incolved in most of them. Then Tash wanted to do the Sipline, Ed didnt so I did it again. Same story as last time though didnt hit the tree! Tash had a delay as just before launch the chap had to retuck her haor to stop it getting caught.

    There was a Dreamwoks animation exhibition in the Science Centre so we walked acorss to that. Was interesting and some good interactive bits. Made some odd looking king fu pandas and Madagascar creatures. Saw film on big curved screen from How to Train your dragon.

    Strangely no merch shop - missing a trick there. Went to cafe; Had Orange Sorbet diet coke, not sure will have it again, wasnt great. Ed had fanta and somehow managed to drop half the bottle over himslef and the floor, to everyones amusement apaart from him!

    Tash wanted to hire a quadricycle (four person bike like the ones they often have at UK seaside), so we did half houir, French family in front of us took forever to sort themselves out - service wasnt the quikest mind. Tash steered (steering wheel) with me also up front and Ed and Tash sat in second row. Evertone had pedals and no brakes to stop you pedalled backwards.

    Tash wasnt the most confident steerer, guess we should have known based on her rowing tales. We looped round the port a couple of times and Ed had a go at steering in a quieter area. Was good fun and not as hard on the thighs as I had imagined. Half an hour was long enough though I think. Was nearly 5 and we were tired after packed day so headed abck to hotel. KIds had room service as they didnt want to go out, Sam and I headed round corner to five guys!

    Booked jet bot on St Lawrence river for tomorrow morning.
    Read more