Satellite
  • Day 50

    Copacabana

    June 25, 2015 in Bolivia ⋅ 🌫 27 °C

    Copacabana is a lovely little hippy town on the edge of Lake Titicaca, which is the highest navigable lake in the world (3,800m).

    Breakfast was very impressive - for Bolivia - hot chocolate, juice, cornflakes, yoghurt, bread, fruit salad; and scrambled eggs for Anna.

    Anna was still suffering from stomach cramps so we had a chilled morning and then went for a wander around the town, which didn't take long as it's so small and then a walk along the shore of the lake.

    We went back for Anna to rest and I managed to get my blog up to date - finally WiFi good enough to upload photos.

    At 4pm we went to a restaurant with an upstairs terrace which overlooks the lake and stayed there watching the sunset. Our dinner of onion rings and nachos (Anna) and pizza (me) attracted the attention of a playful little kitten who scoffed down bits of cheese and ham. It ended up snuggled on us for quite some time before bounding off to see the other customers, then returning to us for more cuddles. We did consider attempting to smuggle it around Latin America with us!!

    Back to the hotel and we had our third coca mate tea (seems to soothe Anna's tummy) - hotel provides free tea, water, toffees and sugary puffed wheat :)
    Read more