Satellite
  • Day 66

    Mancora

    July 11, 2015 in Peru ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After our long bus ride, we were accosted by the masses trying to sell us hostels. They said the one we wanted was miles away and we hadn't been able to download a map so we got in one of the motortaxi tuktuk things for 5S. In fact we could have walked it in 15 mins but nice not to with bags in the heat.

    We are staying at Kimba's Bungalows which have are a set of wooden indonesian-themed huts. They didn't seem to know if they had any availability but eventually found gave us an upgraded room for 120S.

    We went for a wander around the little surfy town which is lovely and has tons of cheap food. We both had coconuts, our first in so so long (3S). Anna found a huge plate of street seafood for 6S and had an ice cream and a cremolada (iced fruit slushie) for 3S each. We sat on the beach for a while so the alcoholic could indulge her habit with some dark beer.

    My liquid diet seems to have been no help at all so I gave up and had some chocotejas we had bought in Paracas - chocolate caramels with nuts, yum yum.

    For dinner we grabbed some more street food - veggie burrito for me and Mexican burger for Anna plus drinks for 24S - my kind of prices!
    Read more