Satellite
  • Day 19

    We're in Hawaii!!

    April 9, 2015 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Aloha!
    We arrive in Oahu in the evening and Germaine has come to pick us up from the airport (thankyou soo much G!). Trav is a bit peckish so Germaine takes us to Leonard's for masaladas.. what's that u ask.. well, its a donut. But not just any donut.. a huge donut. Made fresh to order with all sorts of fillings.. it is the fattest ooziest softest donut I have ever had. Flavor of the month is mango... Yum! (trav had 2)

    The next day was an action packed first day in Oahu starting with an early morning hike and swim in the tidal rock pools on the east side of the island. What an awesome way to start the day! The pools were crystal clear with the occasional wave crashing over us as the tide came in. We hiked over rocks formed by solified lava flow and there was even a big blow hole erupting water (which I kept missing)

    Back to Waikiki for lunch and a nap, then a surf in the afternoon. Delicious home cooked meal for dinner and we were definitely ready for bed. Day 1- Perfect :-)

    Thanks so much to John and Germaine for spending the day with us and taking us into their home, we are feeling so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives :-)
    Read more