Satellite
  • Day 28

    Stuck on an Island......still

    April 18, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    With no improvement to my ears we get ready to spend another day on the Big Island. After breakfast our new friend Celia and her daughter Jazzy asked if we wanted to join them on a trip to Green Sand Beach. We jump at the opportuntity and before long we're on the road for another adventure. The 2.5 hour journey gives us plenty of time to share stories and we learn that Jazzy and her mum are on their way to St. Louis to attend a robotic competion for their school representing Australia at the world titles.

    As we arrive at the Green Sand Beach parking lot were met by a ugly looking local trying to sell us a charter rides to the beach on the back of a dodgy looking 4x4 ute for US$15. We decline and decide the tackle the treacherous 6 mile hike ourselves. Running out of time, and with a flight to catch, Celia flags down the first Jeep and we jump aboard with Alex and Kieran and get thrashed around on the epic journey to the beach.

    Outside the car were greeted by free exfoliating facials by the hurricane force winds sand blasting our faces. A quick hike down the hill and were amazed at the beautiful cove of glistening green sands with families and dogs. A quick stop over and were back on the road with Celia's formula 1 driving finesse to catch her flight. We get dropped off at the doctors and bid farewell to our new friends. Best of luck Jazzy and do Australia proud!

    No update from the doctor so we slowly make our way back to the hotel and stop by the surfboard shop to chat with the owner Scotty about the local surf beaches.

    Now that were basically local tour guides, we share all the top destinations and activities with all the new tenants at the Hostel and polish off a few ciders.

    Fingers crossed its our last night
    Read more