Satellite
  • Day 144

    Verona (Day 4 - Canyoning)

    August 12, 2015 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    It was time to get the blood pumping and burn off all the food we'd been gobbling down. Google told us the trip to the meeting point was just under 2 hours so we allowed a small buffer and set-off. The start-stop traffic on the west side of Lake Garda was manic and as a result we were almost an hour late. Luckily our guide (also the company owner) hung around as we were the only people in the group.

    We kitted up with fully body 5mm wettys, harnesses, neoprene socks and helmets than set off on a 15min hike uphill. It was stinking hot so the quick dip in a icy cold rock pool at the starting line was refreshing. Tommy our guide gives a comprehensive but humorous safety briefing and although he seems like a bit of a cowboy we know we're in safe hands.

    It was an action packed 3 hours of abseiling down cliff faces, rappelling, sliding down numerous water falls and jumping into rock pools. Each section we completed gave us enough confidence to tackle the next section. Constant slips, screams and yelling provided endless entertainment throughout the day.

    Tom gave us a tip to another way home so we caught the car ferry that sails directly across the picturesque Lake Garda. Back home Suki and Steph whip a delicious meal of sausages and rissoto whilst Trav and Jimmy downloaded all the footage from the Go Pros to watch on TV. After dinner we relive the day on the big screen followed by a few bevvies to help settle the adrenaline levels.
    Read more