Satellite
  • Day 149

    Paris

    August 17, 2015 in France ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    It's lunchtime as we arrive in Paris after catching a bus and 2 x metros from woop woop (Ryanair's cheap airport).

    It's a Diesel Gym Chicks reunion as Chali, Wei and Jen greet us at the metro stop near Eddie and Wei's apartment. The girls are very excited to see each other and we all reminisce over some wine and snacks followed by catching up with a bunch of other people at a artsy warehouse restaurant with a live band.

    We spend the next few days exploring the sites and the beautiful city of Paris including a picnic next to the Eiffel Tower. The weather is a nice cool change from the scorching heat in Italy.

    Suki's friend from Denver has arrived and we spend another day exploring the city sights and consuming copious amounts of wine and cheese followed by another relaxing afternoon watch the sunset over the Eiffel Tower. The architecture of the buildings are truly amazing and Trav is taking photos faster then he can recharge the batteries.

    Being holiday month the streets and broad walks alongside the canals are littered with families and young couples. There are numerous makeshift bars, sand pits, zip lines and kayaks to keep everyone entertained. With the sun setting after 9pm there's heaps of time to enjoy everything this city has to offer.

    It's time to say goodbye to Wei and Chali and we hop into a rental car and get ready for our Roadtrip down south with Deb.
    Read more