Satellite
  • Day 180

    Off to Krakow.. I mean Warsaw!

    September 17, 2015 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Its an 8 hour bus ride from Berlin as we head to our next destination.. Warsaw. Its only on the bus however that Suki realised we didn't actually want to go to Warsaw.. we wanted to go to Krakow.. and that Krakow and Warsaw are not the same place.. Doh! It turned out to be a blessing in disguise though, as Warsaw turned out to be a beautiful and historic place... Made awesome by our wonderful host Renata, the kindest, warmest and most giving soul we have met on our travels.

    We arrive late on Thursday night and Renata greets us into her beautiful home. Its late but she insists we eat cake. We wake up the next morning and Renata has left for work but she has left us a delicious breakfast and a long handwritten note with suggestions of things to do for the day and lots of interesting facts. Renata's cute little dog Wonton is scheduled for surgery this weekend, you can tell Renata is worried about him but still takes the time to make sure we are ok. She asks us what we wanted to do in Warsaw and we say, "Drink Vodka!" So she offers to make us dinner on Saturday night with Vodka matching foods! We are stoked to say the least :-)
    Read more