Satellite
  • Day 35

    The Jack: Day 1

    December 19, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    So for those of you who don't know I'll give you a quick idea of what 'The Jack' is.
    My Uncle Jack is an ex pro golfer who was doing really well until he had a little accident with a plane propeller and lost his right arm and eye and other major damage was done to the rest of his body. In 1978 he set up The Jack Newton Celebrity Classic Pro Am which has now been bringing together pros, amateurs and celebrities for 38 years for 3 days of golf, fun and fundraising for junior golf in Australia and Diabetes. The whole family is involved in the organisation and presentation of the event and I was lucky enough to go to my first one while I'm here this year. It was just the most amazing experience, I've had to spread it out over 3 posts to get some of the best pictures in but it'll never really do it justice.
    So Day 1 was just a bit of a welcome day. Players are registered and introduced to their partners for the tournament. Groups are made up of 1 celebrity, 1 amateur, 1 sponsor and 1 pro, with the pros changing teams on the second day of play depending on how they are doing. A BBQ is held in the evening with fireworks by the Foti brothers who do the Sydney Harbour NYE fireworks every year and a great flyover show by a red bull trick pilot. The evening has a rugby league or "football" theme so everyone has to wear a jersey, I bent the rules slightly and wore my American football jersey in support of my beloved Eagles.
    Most of the pictures I've attached for this day are of my family, I'm hoping to get a bunch more up on Facebook soon and of course, the professional snaps will be out soon so I'll post them when I see them.
    Read more