Satellite
  • Day 173

    A day out of the city

    October 20, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    Another early start this morning!! We headed out of the big city of Vancouver this morning and headed to Kelowna. We drove through a snow storm the way. We stopped in Merritt, had a coffee and a walk around the murals and handprints of the country music stars who have performed in the annual country music festival. Our next stop was a winery tour! Yes please!!

    We went to the Mission Hill Winery which is stunning and set on a hill overlooking Kelowna. The tour was very interesting and we tasted a few wines as well!

    Seeing as it is Fall and close to halloween, we did something very North American and went to a pumpkin patch which had a giant corn maze and lots of cool things to do. It was pouring so we didn’t stay for long before we headed to the ranch in Merritt...drove through another snow storm!!

    I showed Grace around where I’ve been volunteering and we joined the crew for dinner before heading back to Vancouver. It was a close call whether we would actually drive back that night or stay at the ranch because it was snowing again and we weren’t sure how the roads would be! We took the chance and drove, and it was fine. The roads were a bit snowy but safe enough!

    We have to drop the car off early tomorrow, so not much sleep again tonight!
    Read more