Satellite
  • Day 22

    Day 21 - Las Vegas

    June 5, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    After a leisurely breakfast we finally all met and decided our plan of action for the day.

    As it was going to be over 40° golf was cancelled. Stephen decided to have the day to himself. Gail, Liz, Leigh and I decided to hit the South outlets. Following us were the rest of the men.

    Unfortunately we found the savings not that great. Gail and I bought a few things but Liz and Leigh win queens of shopping for the day.

    For tonights entertainment we went to see the show Las Vegas. It was about the old Vegas days with Showgirls, Wayne Newton, Sammy Davies Jnr, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Tina Turner, Elton John, Elvis, Gladys Night, Sonny and Cher, and Tom Jones.

    There was also an act called the Quibblers which did the Village People and they were very funny.

    The show was lots of fun.

    Onto dinner at a Brazilian restaurant with plenty to eat and lots of white and red sangria - delicious.

    After dinner we walked through the Miracle Mile Shops. It was pretty amazing as it felt like you were walking outside because of the blue ceiling and the lighting - Stephen thought at first it daylight.

    They had some very strange artwork for sale including a metal sculpture which to me looked like a cockroach. A short walk back to our hotel as tomorrow we are off to the Grand Canyon.
    Read more