Satellite
  • Day 3

    Boston goodbyes

    September 2, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Today I rode the bike on Storrow drive for what may be the last time in a long time. While that road leaves much to be desired, it's still one of my favorite thoroughfares in Boston. I entered near BU's campus headed east towards 93, and the road was windy (as in twisty, not gusty) and fairly lacking in traffic. What a perfect road. That changed rapidly near Mass eye and ear. Then the ride out of Boston was a slog in hot traffic for about 45 minutes. My love hate for Boston continues.

    The week flew by, and I visited as many people as I could. First my Uncle Nelson and his new house. An amazing place on the water in Belmont. I know, who knew there was waterfront in Belmont. You'll settle in soon you dog! Then on to Henry and Erica's. Henry gave me some beta on upstate NY as well as a couple maps. Good company and delicious food. Then drinks on top of that newish Mexican place in Harvard square (fillipes I think). Mike, Mike, Reggie and Matt. Great to see you guys before the road trip. Thanks Matt and Genevieve for letting me crash.

    I also got to meet someone very special. Amanda and Nickolaus, my big sister and bro, had a boy named Duncan! I almost left a few weeks ago but I'm glad I got to meet my new nephew before the trip. Nickolaus and Amanda were lit up with joy, congrats you two! Also a bonus encounter with Shirley and Melissa. Great to see you two.

    That night was in Roslindale at my Aunt Renee and Uncle Ed's. Woa baby, my Uncle Ed made some mean burgers with tomatoes from the garden. I've missed out on good tomatoes this year. This made up for it though. Great to see you two and thanks for the hospitality!

    Today was also filled with friends. I met Erin, Erik, and little Lennon for breakfast this morning at the Watertown deluxe! What a treat, and thanks so much for breakfast. Then back to Matt and Genevieve's to hang out for just a little more. The FOMO is starting to be real Boston folk. A quick stop at Target for some plastic containers for food and then lunch with folks from my last job. What a warm welcome they gave me. You guys are amazing!

    Tonight I'm writing from my friend Andrew's place in Andover. He, Amanda, Hunter and I had yet another amazing cheese club. Get ready for leftovers tomorrow Filgates.

    This was a great week. Lots of love to everyone I saw and also for the rest of you that I didn't get a chance to see. Thanks for a great send off! Miss you already.

    The attached photo is of the bike loaded up after visiting Nickolaus, Amanda, and Duncan. Wellesley Newton, September 1st!
    Read more