Satellite
  • Day 35

    Final day in Paree

    October 9, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Didn't try to cram in last minute stuff. Just took it easy and enjoyed the day.

    Another market right outside our hotel. More of the same from the other day but always fun to check out.

    Then up onto the Promenade Plantee and walked along the part we didn't see the other day. It's really great. The use it gets! Including joggers of course 🏃...what a good option in downtown Paris.

    Yesterday we had checked out the route we'd take to the airport so we headed down to the Seine again, this time with our bikes loaded 🚵. Pas de problem. And before we caught the train we met up with someone we hadn't seen in 16 years....

    Gregoire had stayed with us on an exchange program for 4 months when he was in grade 11. Kirsten then stayed with his French family later in the year. They've kept in touch, and we had a really good time getting caught up on all his news. He's doing very well and looks great. He got married just one month ago....we didn't get to meet his new wife but Canada is on their radar in future.

    Then onto the regional train to the airport. Had to carry our bikes and baggage down, down, down, down lots of stairs. Turned out just fine with the pannier straps and my new light bike 😊. Thirty-five minutes later we're at the airport stop and walk a few hundred metres to our final hotel. Nice to be out here for the morning ...it'll be a long enough day anyway.
    Read more