Satellite
  • Day 70

    Heading home

    March 16, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Well, one has to be flexible.

    With new restrictions coming every day from both Canada and New Zealand, the uncertainty exceeded our tolerance threshold and we decided this morning we better get home. So here we are at the Auckland airport. Flying thru LA as no direct flights...not our first choice 😝. Wish us luck!

    Amazing the impact this is having. Way fewer planes here than you'd normally see. So many jobs affected. So many cases and deaths.

    Our niece Lindsay is getting us set up with supplies for our self isolation. We appreciate your other offers and may well call on the favour yet.

    After the busy-ness of getting a flight, packing up, getting to Auckland, checking in...we have a moment to think. I'm sad to be leaving early... missing our upcoming weekend with Kirsten, missing my last line dance class (they were great people), and oh... we'll miss the beach!

    But we had a great trip,...very lucky people. Take a look at some memories.

    Hopefully we'll get home safely and then will do our part to try and manage this unprecedented time.

    Stay safe all. Get into the zen of handwashing 🤲.
    Read more