Satellite
  • Day 84

    Tours and Paris and then Belgium!

    July 23, 2015 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Tours france... beautiful city in France! And not a whole lot to do here! Besides the botanic gardens! One thing i love about Europe is there gardens! And there filled with farm animals! However..the tours botanical gardens had some friends from back in Australia! Mr emu, mr wallabie, mrs cockatill and mrs turtle! This kept me occupied for the next two days we were here! Especially knowing we had Paris to go to...even though we were in Paris for a week when we first started traveling, you never get bored in Paris! You always miss something! And this time we decided to go to the louve! And yes we saw the monalisa! Besides that...we watched the new terminator in 3d at the movies, and took a few snaps here and there of the places we missed first time round!

    Next stop Brugges! Finally a place where jason can speak the language! Amazing place! Horses with carrages run around, and swans in the rivers! Lots of markets on, and live music playing in the main square till midnight! Belgium is known for there chocolate, waffles and flavoured beers! And all of it is delicious! And soooo bad for me! We had horrible weather, but this didnt stop us! We visited a historical museum, which was displayed through animation in each room! Very clever and entertaining! But what was even more amazing was being showed the old town back in the 1500s, through a virtual head set! It felt like we were in a game! If video games were invented like this...id be tempted to play, as this was just crazy!

    After spending three days in brugges, it was time to take an early train to brussels! And believe it or not... they speak french...and they are the only town in belgium what dont speak dutch! Here we plan on being lazy! So far we have gone to mini europe, which is a little park with models of european city attractions! We have also visted the local fair with rides...ofcorse, because jasin cant say no! And we have done a lot of sleeping and drinking flavoured beers! We are saving our energy for the bug tomorrowland festival which is starting within the nexg two days, and goes for 3 whole days! After this we are heading to the netherlands to have a relaxing break for 2 weeks, before sun baking in greece and croatia on a boat! Feels like a dream to me.
    Read more