Satellite
  • Day 2

    The Star Casino, Sydney

    February 13, 2016 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    The Star Casino wants you to have it all. That’s why they offer so much to their dedicated visitors, and to those people passing through who are looking for a good time and want to place a bet or two. This is the second largest casino in Australia and is the only legal casino in New South Wales! When you are here, you’ll feel as if it is tailor made for you in regards to variety of games, services and amenities, shops and entertainment. The guests are their highest priority. Step inside and you’ll have everything at your fingertips for an amazing few days of fun and frivolity under The Star.

    So much to play

    Where to start!? Why not on the gaming floor? There are two to choose from. The main gaming room on level one is separated into three sections: table games, electronic games and Poker. Why not try your luck at a table game? Here you can play Baccarat, Roulette, Blackjack or everyone’s favourite dice game, Craps. For something a little different you can try Pai Gow, which is a Chinese domino game. There’s also the big wheel to spin! Easy to stay all night at this one, unless Bingo is more your thing. Bingo would have to be one of the most fun, and one of the easiest games to play on the floor. Why not have a round or two at the regular Bingo game where you can win cash, casino dollars and a jackpot!

    If you would prefer to start at the pokies then head to the Electronic Games quarter. The Star Casino houses over 1490 gaming machines for you to choose from. However if you are a little more serious about your evening them you’ll need to head straight to the Poker tables. The Star has 20 tables on the main floor, they run weekly tournaments and other events throughout the year, plus a Star Poker Summer Series where there’s a $400,000 up for grabs. Best get your poker face on for these players.

    Your other gaming floor option at the Star is the Sovereign room on level three. This upgraded, invitation only, luxury and exclusive area is something to behold. With top-notch views of Sydney harbour, this stunning floor has private gaming rooms, dinning areas and lounges for the very special guests only. Want to get that ultra exclusive feeling? Then you’ll need to dress to the nines and get in here.

    So much to buy

    The Star casino is big on the shopping front. If you want to play as a high roller then you’d better dress like one! Gucci, Calvin Klein Jeans, G-Star Raw at your disposal, not to mention designers like Bottega Veneta, Moda Emporio, Salvatore Ferragamo, Im Lingerie and of course, the one and only, Chanel.

    So much to gain

    If you are visiting The Star casino in Sydney Harbour, you’ll want to know about this amazing rewards system. With an Absolute Rewards card you not only received discounts and benefits at al the retail shops, bars and restaurants but you can earn points too! When you use your card on a purchase you gain rewards in Absolute Dollars, which can be used to buy goods and services in the hotels and spas.

    The very best thing about this rewards system is that it works not only for The Star Casino. It is also linked with Jupiters Hotel and Casino on the Gold Coast and the Treasury Casino and Hotel in Brisbane. So you can redeem all over the country!

    It’s the whole package

    Food, entertainment and accommodation. The Star Casino Sydney has it all.

    Grab a drink at the Sports bar, Balla Aperitivi Bar, Marquee, Rock Lily, Black Bar, Cherry, or the Sokyo Lounge before your night begins, or watch the sunset from the awesome Sky Terrace, the absolute place to be in summer.

    If you need a quick bite, head to the café court or the many casual dining restaurants. However, if you are after something a little bit more special, you simply must try one of The Star’s signature dining restaurants. You’ll have to decide between Sokyo, Momofuku Seiobo, The century, Osteria Balla Manfredi and Black By Ezard. A tough choice, as they are all excellent in service and quality cuisine.

    Big on entertainment, The Star hosts two performance venues where you can see a wide range of shows and concerts. The 2000 seat Lyric Theatre has had big shows like Phantom of the Opera, Pricilla Queen of the Desert, and Matilda cross its stage, as well as international artists like Stevie wonder and Elton John. The Star Event Centre concert venue has had the likes of Tom Jones, Anastasia, and Ricky Martin stop by, just to name a few.

    After all that you’ll probably need to relax, so you may head to your hotel room and the spas to rejuvenate. Its your choice of place at The Star’s luxurious accommodation. The Darling Hotel is beautiful accommodation and is paired with The Darling Spa, which is a real treat. Astral Towers is sleek and sophisticated with everything you could possible need, and the Astral Residencies have 130 privately owned and serviced apartments if you are up for a longer stay and need somewhere a bit more permanent.

    Curious yet? You should be, the Star is worth it.
    Read more