Satellite
  • La Robla To Poladura

    September 30, 2019 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    I couldn’t believe it when I woke up this morning in bed and checked my iPad. IT WAS 8:20!!! Had a real restful sleep. To my surprise, is nay 1 other perigrino was up. I got the p and started packing up, and the others as well realized how late it was. I had a couple of slices of cheese with ham in the fridge that I gulped down for breakfast. Manuela the Spanish lady was not feeling well, and decided to stay an extra day.

    Today was 24 kilometres, but felt like 44. At first I thought the trail didn’t know how to do anything but go up. It was a fantastic day, walking thru forest and mountain paths, usually within earshot of rambling water. I found it hard to make good time, because I felt that I had to stop and take a photo every 100 meters.

    The mountain scenery has been fantastic. After arriving here, I was told that today’s route is called “la Ruta de Los Meurtes”. I guess there was 2 heart attack victims and 3 helicopter rescues there last week. In spots the mountain trail was challenging, with severe penalties for error. One would certainly not want to be lost up there as the sun went down.

    I can only post 10 pics per “footprint”, so today will involve multiple footprints to add extra pics. I could not decide which to drop! Have a look.
    Read more