Satellite
  • Day 5

    Angkor grand tour

    December 5, 2016 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    For $7 they put me and a dude named Jon from Spain in a tuktuk and drove us all around wats. Except for the main one - Angkor Wat, so I'm going there on Wednesday. 6 hours trip was amazing, peaceful, lots to see. The whole park $20 for a day or $40 for 3 days) is huge. They drive you to a temples and wat for you on the other side to take you to next one. We did have a sunset tour but it was a bit cloudy, still the view was fantastic.
    You do get to meet one other part of Cambodia, little 5yo kids begging you to buy magnets or postcards from them. There was this 4 or 5yo kid, who shold be playing with toys but instead followed us for 15 minutes saying "Please mister, but something from me, just one dolla". That voice, that pretty face, yup, it broke me. I will probably never forget that voice and the look she gave us in the end for not buying anything (I did buy magnets from abother girls earlier and postcards from another). Back home we have a life, here... is a reality, an Irish bloke commented at dinner.
    Of course in the evening it was beer o'clock so we went out to Indian restaurant and fhen a couple of 0.5$ draft beers. Me and an Irish dude were them emptying bottles in hostel until 3am. I wouldn't wanna be him, he has to get up at 6 to go to Laos.
    Read more