Satellite
  • Day 22

    Bye northern Thailand, hello Haad Yuan

    December 22, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    It was time to day goodbye. Well, to the northern part of Thailand and go to my favourite place :) We headed back to Chiang Mai and I had an early (6:55) flight to Bangkok. It was haaaard to wake up, but the thought of our bay was on my mind. What woke me up though (from dreams) was later flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui. Food was awful, which is a standard for Bangkok Airways, plane was full of typical tourists, all complaining, americans being smart how things shoud and shouldn't be, later people yelling at Thai ladies ar airport taking care for taxis, again, thought of being two boatrides away from our beach helped :) The thing about Thai transport is you'll get there, it may seem unorganised, but don't you worry, they have everything under control, even if you book a taxi/boat/bus for 3 days ahead, they'll find you on time.
    Finally all that was left was to get off Koh Samui to Koh Phangan with a Haad Rin Queen ferry which takes around 50 minutes. I was like a child going to a Disneyland, only one tailboat ride away.
    Just seeing our bay, the rocks, the beach, all the memories that came to my head, it was amazing! While walking from once beach to another ober a small hill I sat on a bench for half an hour and just enjoyed the view. I missed it so much! Because the waves were too high they left me at Haad Tien, it's not a nice walk with backpack and a huge wave hit me so I was all wet, but I was in my paradise :) The owner of Ocean Rock resort was happy to see me, so was some Burmese gorl working there, because of rain they didn't have much guests and were awaiting us. They gave me beer and left me ti just stare and smile while watching Haad Yuan beach, I couldn't believe I was really there again :)
    I just had to wait for my friends to arive same and next day. But doing that with sweet sound of waves, I could do this forever :) Oh home sweet home (away from home) ❤
    Read more