Satellite
  • Day 32

    Happy New Year!

    January 1, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ 🌬 29 °C

    It was weird looking on a phone and seeing 31st Dec and I was in my fisherman's pants, t-shirt and drinking beer to stay cool. But I liked it! This is the proper way to spend New Year! After a previous night's party at Guy's Bar we were all excited to go to Eden Garden for a New Year party. And what a night, what a party that was! There were some drunk fullmooners there being loud and provoking people, but no one cared much. Music was AWESOME, with David Chong, Peter G, Sabrina and others taking care of it. We didn't even care much for midnight's fireworks, we were just dancing! I've met so many lovely people, from French teacher, Austrian guy living here and playing didgeridoo, German yoga teacher, Australians, some sweet British gal with Portugese guy, oh all the fun we had, what a night! Also we got that beautiful sunrise in the morning that showa you the whole Haad Yuan beach. This place is a paradise.
    Next day we just carried on dancing and later chillin' on a beach with those people and friend Rok. After that british/portugese couple went on a boat some girl jumped off that boat because she found it too dangerous (waves were really high) and was really terrified, shaking. Her bags went to Haad Rin so she stayed here without anything. No problem, me and Rok started talking to her and invited her to come eat with us and so we had a guest at the dinner :) She was Julia, Ukrainian piano player thay also plays in a orchestra and in some restaurants around Koh Phangan now that she lives here for a year. It was a fun night, telling us stories about being in India, playing us cool songs from YouTube, it was so amazing seeing a person's true passion for music when she listenes to it. Me and Rok suddenly said to eachother "wow what beautiful people you meet here". We also offered her the place to sleep so she could go on boat next day. Everything, the party, the weather, people we've met, everything turned out just perfect. Also Rok and I now have 200% karma for the beginning of this year, hehe.
    Read more