Satellite
  • Day 36

    Rainy Sanctuary

    January 5, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ 🌬 25 °C

    After an awesome New Year's party we've headed to The Sanctuary on 4th, a well known yoga/detox resort in Haad Tien. The house is amazing! The weather is not though, it's raining for a week now so there isn't much to do or see. At least I got some work done and am eating healthy food, the restaurant here is vegetarian only (really people? Just don't order meat if you don't eat it) bit they have really good shakes and some cashew-pesto-chedar wraps. I also tried a yoga class and I LOVE it! It's really good for my back, mastering the breathing will take some more time, I need to find this back at home, something without all the veganism bullshit.
    All this rain is causing problems around the island and other southern parts of Thailand. We lose the electricity every day, we saw a bridge getting demolished by a big wave, all of mu clothes are wet and impossiblemto dry them, ... At least it's not -10 degrees like back at home :)
    Last night we also went to Eden for the last time (until next visit, of course), amazing time with wonderful people, no drunk fullmooners, just around 60 people dancing the night away. This is the Eden Garden that I love.
    I just have to mention: one day when I was looking through my wet backpack I found my insurance papers and on them there was a sticker my niece Eva (I just call her a niece because she calls me uncle Marko) gave to me for a good luck (see picture). I swear a sun shined at that moment and made me smile :) Oh I'm gonna give her the biggest hug when I get back home, you just gotta love that girl :)
    Read more