Satellite
  • Day 3

    Wandering around Delhi

    December 14, 2019 in India ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    After some good rest it was time to hit the city. We didn't know there was breakfast served in hostel so me and Mara went to near Old Delhi to grab some food. Not much luck - street food only. I have a rule not to eat on streets for first few days for my stomach to get used to local bacteria... diarrhea isn't much fun 😕 But I didn't wanna go to McD 😛
    After returning to hostel and when Mateja arrived we all went through Old Delhi to see the Jama Masjid mosque which is next to Red Fort. Now THIS is Delhi 😃 Streets filled with people, dogs, goats, cows, butchers, power bank sellers, you name it! So condensed, cables everywhere, everybody honking ALL the time,... But pretty fun in a way. Not too happy about wearing mask all day long but still better than throat pain.
    Mosque is just beautiful, huge, sits right next to Old Delhi. Of course kids came to our girls to take photos with, what can you do, you five seconds makes their whole day 😊 Really lovely to see those smiles. You can even pay 100rs to climb to the top of one tower, which offers a great view of the city. I'd say whole city, but the smog prevents it, so you can't see the end of it (not that it's any different otherwise hehe).
    Of course we had more amazing food - more dal with garlic naan, paneer, roti, this food is AMAZING! Not to mention cheap - in a fine restaurant we paid 990rs for 4 (that's like 12€). We ended up on some rooftop bar in Pahar Ganj, because we absolutely needed some beer 😃 Nice place above the street with live music and very friendly waiter, telling us tons of stuff about India, Varanasi,... We're really enjoying all this :)
    Read more