Satellite
  • Day 16

    HAMPI!

    December 27, 2019 in India ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Room last night was quite comfy, hot shower, pills, zzzz. I woke up fiverish tho, but somehow better. Yay!
    We went to the street to find some breakfast. There was actually a breakfast place on the street, for locals. Breakfast and coffee for two - 100 ruppee (1,2€). Pretty good 😋 Next up was what we came here for - Hampi!
    We found a hostel for one night, a cottage in some alley. All is full. The tuktuk driver from last night (named Freehug, which he proudly showed tattooed on his arm) took us there and then to som temples. This place is BEAUTIFUL! Boulder rocks all around us. And you go to one temple, continue to another, it just doesn't end! This kingdom was huge! It is quite impossible to take photo of anything without 73 people posing or doing selfie, so patience is a virtue 😊 We continued to another temple, guard tower and elephant stables. So lovely to just walk around in silence. In the end we went to some rock in the hill to see the whole place, green rice fields and banana fields, rocks all around. Amazing!
    Dinner time - finally some chicken! Yes, I ordered an enchilada. It was so good! And 4 mango juices, this restaurant is so good, we're coming back tomorrow for breakfast.
    Read more