Satellite
  • Day 10

    Cornfields and cliffs

    September 14, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today’s KMs - 22kms
    Total KMs - 181kms
    Total blisters - 5 + foot rashes (still!) and a bung ankle

    What a difference a day makes. We had an amazing morning walking out of Guemes headed for Santander. Yesterday was behind us and we had beautiful cornfields to the left and stunning coastal cliffs on the other side. The cliffs ended with a 3km walk across the beach at Somo which was a chance to cool our sore feet.

    The ferry from Somo to Santander was equally as good with beautiful views onto the city. Santander was so much more than I expected with beautiful architecture and cafes along the port. What a great start to the day.

    Things went a little south after that and the elusive yellow arrow from yesterday turned into the conflicting yellow arrow. So what happens when there are yellow arrows pointing in different directions and you pick the wrong one? Well, more walking on car roads! This time 7kms on a main bitumen road in the hot afternoon sun 😔... it’s now a love/ hate relationship with yellow arrows!

    But we made it finally into Santillana del mar which is a stunning little town which is so beautiful that many movies have been filmed here. So, we’re off now to explore it.
    Read more