Satellite
  • Day 9

    Quiet time on the beach

    March 28, 2019 in Senegal ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Walked round the two hotels snapping some memorable pics before settling down on the beach listening to fine Nigerian vibes and reading a book "Data Analytics Basics for Managers".

    Unlike other beach resorts I have visited the strong fish water (aquarium smell) smell is not evident on the beach here.

    By the way I woke up this morning to see a big reptile on my room table trying to eat my left over cake from last night, still in nylon wrapping. On closer observation I discovered it was a big wall gecko, with all the stories of poisonous wall gecko saliva circulating the internet recently, I trashed the remaining cake even though I couldn't see any hole in it's wrapping. Better safe than sorry abi?

    The hotel security posted to the beach and seated not far from where I am chilling out came over to ask me something in French, told him I don't understand French so he pointed at my speaker connected to my phone blaring the finest of Nigerian music. I thought he wanted me to lower the volume so I proceeded to do so but he said non, and used sign language and alas it clicked, he wanted to know the source, told him Nigeria, he nodded his head, smiled and said something which I interpreted to mean good music. Up Naija.....reping away.
    Read more