Satellite
  • Day 12

    Birthday Dinner for the twins

    August 17, 2019 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ 🌙 35 °C

    Today is the twins birthday and Enobong had earlier suggested prior to the commencement of this Dubai trip that we all go for a birthday dinner. So we plan to visit Africana Home Restaurant which Uddy had found for us through recommendation from her friend. The hotel delivered meal we ordered from them some days back was really nice so we all looked forward to a sumptuous meal.

    The day started off quite late due to exhaustion from the previous day's visit to Yas Waterworld. Enobong came down with stomach cramps so we had to leave her in the apartment while we dashed off to Lulu Hypermarket in Al Barsha at about 4pm to buy school supplies Uddy wanted. I stopped up my mobile data at the Mall of Emirates as well as collecting AED 500 from an ATM machine in the mall using my FirstBank Mastercard. I was charged NGN 1,000 and vat of NGN 50 for the withdrawal.

    We took a taxi to Affiongs hotel apartment. The receptionist didn't allow us go to her room without first dropping my passport with him which I refused. We eventually took 2 separate taxis to Africana Home Restaurant in Diera for the birthday dinner. We were expecting a Jevinik type experience but were disappointed to find out it had a bulky like setting where you pick your food displayed behind a glass and pay before being served. The seating area upstairs was nice anyway. The others picked on Uddy for suggesting such a place for the birthday dinner upsetting her. The meal was very sumptious and we all enjoyed it but the taxi rides to and fro was quite expensive but was part of the birthday package. Overall it was a nice day.
    Read more