Satellite
  • Day 13

    Kite Beach Day

    August 18, 2019 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ⛅ 36 °C

    Our Chief planner Uddy had dedicated today as a beach day, due to the blazing heat in Dubai we planned it as an evening event. At 4:30pm Affiong joined us, the twins were meeting up with their Indian family friends and couldn't go with us. So off we went to the bus station at Sharaf DG after consulting the movement wizard "Google Maps". The bus schedule was quite confusing as we couldn't identify the stop recommended by Google Maps so we crossed over to the other side of the road only to discover it was an abandoned bus stop. We retraced our steps to the initial bus stop and as I was about to call a taxi on Careem we saw the recommended bus 81 coming, Affiong suggested I ask the bus driver which I did showing him the stops breakdown on my phone, he checked the onboard computer and confirmed we were on the right bus. So off we went. Interestingly Google Maps not only shows you the route but tracks the bus stops as well, with it you can never go astray. Kudos to a great app.

    The bus stop to the kite beach required some considerable amount of walking along a well paved and soft running track of 3.3km along the beach.

    Unfortunately we got to the beach at almost 6pm, didn't see anyone flying a kite, few persons were in the water swimming close to the shore and the waves were quite strong. Had a refreshing slush drink of blueberry and strawberry at a mobile kiosk on the beach.
    Read more