Satellite
  • Day 6

    Shopping for Gifts

    September 20, 2018 in Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Visited City Mall to change $200 and then stopped over at the Maasai Market which holds at the malls car park on Wednesdays & Thursdays to buy traditional tops and slippers. I also did a bit of shopping for office shirts and a new pair of jeans at the mall.

    Took a walk to Nyali centre hoping to find a restaurant to eat lunch in but alas none. It rained while I was there. I eventually called for an Uber back to the hotel to drop my purchases before heading off by Uber to Nyali Cinemax to watch the new Predator movie in 3D. The cinema hall is very good, acoustic excellent. Each chair had a seat number which is indicated on the ticket. Just before the movie started after the long advert, I noticed everyone in the cinema standing up, I also joined them in standing up when I realized I was the only one seated and lo and behold it was for the Kenyan National Anthem. I enjoyed the movie. Took and Uber back to the hotel.

    Took a very long walk down the beach, discovered the Reef Bar & Restaurant by the beach which I hope to visit tomorrow for launch.

    A Maasai cultural group put up a very good show. Gave my phone to one of the guest to snap a pic of my with the group but the guest fumbled and I discovered later he didn’t snap any picture. Meet up for Nyoma Choma and drinks leaving back for the hotel after midnight.
    Read more