Satellite
  • Day 24

    Chefchaouen

    May 2, 2016 in Morocco ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Arrived in Chefchaoun yesterday afternoon. The group took a bongo van taxi into the city from the hotel. It was Labour Day and crazy busy in the city. In fact it was too busy we were flat out getting through the crowd. We did mandage to get from were they do the washing down through the medina into the square next to the Kasbah. We went for dinner at this really nice terrace resturant called something Aladin. We where still full from lunch but had the vegetable soup and Moroccon soup. Very nice it was and only 25MAD. We caught a cab back to the hotel (15 MAD). It was late by the time we got to bed but there was a lot of noise going on outside the hotel. The hotel whilst comfortable and adequate is noisy.
    The second day was spent as a free day and we took a cab into town. We walked up to the mosqu on the hill and whilst the mosque is closed the view is amazing and it was just lovely to sit on the wall and admire the view for a while. The day was spent meandering around the medina. Very easy to navigate and a guide is not really necesary.
    The hena I got done in the square near the Kasbah. It cost 30 MAD.
    We have discovered that being able to speak French helps a lot. Not that we can, only bits and pieces.
    Read more