Satellite
  • Day 27

    Marrakech, Morocco

    May 5, 2016 in Morocco ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Arrived in Marrakech after traveling on the overnight Marrakech express from Tanger. Inntersting trip. Recomend earplugs and a eye mask for sleeping as well as wet wipes as the toilet facilities are not the place you would liketo freshen up. Pack some snacks to if you get hungry as the food and drink cart is pricey, but you would expect that to be the case.
    Walked to the medina to have a look around. Got lost. Had a great burger in one of the smaller squares off the edge of the souk. Walked around that afternoon and a hail storm came over. Apparently this is not usual and it certainly was interesting for us. Later that evening at dinner there was a hail storm again. Too cool.
    We visited the Ben Youssef Medrasa. Was an Islamic college and was the largest medresa in all of Morocco and was built in the 14 century.
    There was a runaway horse and carriage in the square this afternoon which we missed but by the look of it I reckon the people that paid for that ride would have got more ride than they paid for. The two stalls it crashed into were still shut the next day.
    Did a bike ride this morning which went for two hours. Think it was a little overpriced but the highlight for me was the riding through the traffic. That was interesting. We stopped for fresh squeezed orange juice in the square at stall 35. No ice and still cold.
    Had a quiet afternoon at the hotel La Caspian were we are staying. We have 4 people leaving our tour but we have two new ones joining us from Australia for the second leg of our Morocco Encompassed trip with Intrepid.
    Read more