Satellite
  • Day 13

    Hokatika

    October 28, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    So we showed up here smoko time on Friday and we pulled into the New World carpark and parked up. We headed across the road to the Regent picture theatre and had a pie and coffee. Clint and I had a lamb and kumera pie fresh out of the oven. these piese were amazing. One of the best pies we ever ate. That might have had something to do with the weather outside to. It was raining heavy and it was windy as well. Miserable day really. The locals said it was a beautiful day yesterday of course. Apparently it is snowing today on the eastern pass from Wanaka. It is suposed to clear up tomorrow. Lets hope so as this weather is terrible to do anything but read or watch movies.
    Next morning was much better. We headed up to the Hokatika Gorge. This is worth the 30 minute trip out. The gorge is well signed how to get there and there is plenty of parking. Great to visit even if you are not the most fit person. The day we went the water was green but on a day that it hasn't been raining the water is a beautiful turquios blue.
    We came back into town to head north to Shantytown/Greymouth but we stopped for another pie at th regent theatre. Just as good as the day before to it was.
    Read more