Satellite
  • Day 17

    Nelson

    November 1, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌬 11 °C

    Kiwi and Kellie's place. Landed in Nelson and went for a run up to the shops at Richmond. Met up with Kellie and had lunch at the Stable resturant near the shopping centre. Got some groceries at the pack and save for tea. Kiwi cooked up a lamb roast for dinner. It was beautiful.
    Next day we were suposed to go fishing but the weather was too windy so Kiwi took us around the place and showed us a few things. We went to a hippi self supporing comunity and had a date scone and tea. Bloody beautful. We also got some fresh unhomoginised milk out of the dispenser. Cost us $2.50 for the litre and we had to bring out own bottle. It was delicious. We moved on from here and went the Muture were Kiwi grew up. This place was first settled by Germans many moons ago. The distict grows grapes for wines and hops as well as sheep of course. We had a real fruit icecream and Kiwi cooked us up a really nice dinner of scolops. blue code and we had venisin and gourmet sausages to. Kellie was headng out to an Abba tribute show which she managed to get a couple of tickets for Gail and I and the trhee of us went into the Theatre Royal for the show. It was great.
    Next day we stayed until lunch and then headed off to Hanmer Springs. Gail and Ron left early as they were meeting Barb and Gary at the Kahuna caravan park to head down the coast through Blenheim and onto Kikora to see the seals. From there they headed into Hanmer.
    Read more