Satellite
  • Day 1

    Dublin

    October 2, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Arrived in Dublin at lunch time. Flight was pretty good from Dubai but it was good to get off the plane after traveling 30 hours from Townsville with connecting flights. The weaterr was sunny and 11 degrees when we arrived but it was pretty windy,. We had purchased a Dublin 3 day pass before we left so we activated it at the airport by catching a connecting bus to the city at Oconnell bridge at Temple Bar not far from our hotel.
    We are staying 2 nights at the Paramount Hotel in Temple Bar.
    The afternoon was spent checking into our accomodation and wondering around the liffy looking around a bit. We headed over to Dublinina which was located at the rear of the old Christ Church Cathedral. This was actually a great way to start as we found out about Dublin's early history and how it was founded by the Vikings. The Cathedral was on the way out from the Viking ehibition. A beatuful old church that had rooms below it dating back to 12 century.
    After leaving the Cathedral, we heeaded down and along the liffy just for a look and tried to find Jamiesons distillary even though it is closed for renos at the moment we thought we might find it. We were unsuccessful as Clin't map didn't have it shown on it so we will try again tomorrow. We were getting hungry so decided to head back to a place called the larder. Lovely little place that we stopped into before heading off to the hotel (we coulldn't find the entrance to hotel and Clint needed to go to a loo). I needed a cuppa tea and we needed to get our bearings. This is the place we went back to for dinner. It is a lovely little place and the food is good as well as the people very friendly. We had dinner there and the chicken wings were amazing as well as the steak very tasty and headed back to the hotel as we were starting to get a bit spent from traveling.
    Read more