Satellite
  • Day 13

    Caribbean Sea

    October 25, 2017, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Today didn't really go to plan, as we didn't quite make it to our destination! After not much of a sleep-in, Ted and I talked about what we could do when we arrived at Cococay today. Since it's an island owned exclusively by the cruise ship company, the only thing that sounded like fun was exploring the island, and the beach-side buffet lunch. As it turned out, we didn't do either, as poor weather meant the cruise line weren't able to transport us to the island via tender.

    The Captain did a PA announcing the news to the passengers but truthfully, no-one seemed that bothered. I think the disappointment was probably less due to the fact that you can't control the weather, and it meant we would arrive in Key West earlier tomorrow. Therefore today ended up being a lazy day where we did strenuous activities like eating lunch, eating dinner, going to trivia, going to the gym and reading in the room. We did however catch up with Leonard and Mike for $1 mimosas at the bar and bummed around the adults only pool with them.

    Since the movie they were showing up on deck tonight was "Wonder Woman", we headed up there to watch it before blowing $10 at the casino. Tomorrow we arrive at Key West, Florida - a place we've visited before but one we're happy to visit again.
    Read more