Satellite
  • Day 10

    Nashville

    October 22, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    After a slight sleep in today, we still had another day to explore Nashville. After having breakfast in the kitchen (coffee and cakes!) we walked towards the Gulch, which is more of an upscale neighbourhood of Nashville. On the way we passed through a farmer's market and one of the large parks, which made us grateful we are staying in the nicer part of the city.

    The Gulch ended up being a really nice area with art galleries, restaurants and high-end pubs. We ended up staying for lunch at one of the pubs before catching (yet another) Uber back to our accommodation. Ted needed to have a nap, so he took a time out. The hosts of our accommodation asked if we'd like to join them for drinks nearby, along with their friends Brian and Angie. Since hanging out with the locals is always one of our favourite things, we definitely couldn't decline.

    I'm not sure of the name of the outdoor bar, but it was definitely popular. There was a local sporting team that turned up there after their game, so there was plenty of people. One of the hosts from our B&B became really drunk so we ended up leaving and going for dinner nearby. Brian lost his mobile phone but didn't seem as concerned about it as we were! The hosts went back early (as the bar staff were refusing them service), so we stayed and had a few drinks with Brian and Angie. Since our accommodation was so close we were able to walk back. We have an early flight tomorrow so we're already packed for the next part of our adventure.
    Read more