Satellite
  • Day 3

    Denpasar, Indonesia

    December 15, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    After waking up and feeling no better, we decided to do something productive! A few friends had recommended going to a healer instead of just getting a massage, so I found one online and made a booking. Finally a step in the right direction!

    We went for a mediocre breakfast before Ted went to the gym. Our hotel is in a very good location close to everything, so we were able to walk to the main area to get a taxi. It seems like there's a real war between legitimate taxis and the rideshare apps so, after some aggression, we finally flagged a taxi.

    The place I visited was called Bali Chy Healing and was certainly different from the usual massage places I've visited. The healer explained about holistic healing, asking if I also needed to talk about any problems I might be having in life. Since I didn't have any pain except physical, he decided to work on the sciatica problem.

    The massage was like a deep tissue therapy on the sciatic nerve which, after an hour, I was good enough to walk again. the massage was really painful but I didn't mind. Even though it was more expensive than a standard massage, at least I was able to walk again. I was asked to do a video recommendation for him since it seems to be how they advertise their business here in Bali!

    Ted and I then went to nearby Mama's German restaurant for lunch and later bumped into one of the passengers from our flight, who suggested going out together that night. Once returning to the hotel, we lay by the pool, although our view was ruined by a woman who decided to go topless.

    After a shower and a nap, we had another dinner in the restaurant. Logically we could go into town to eat, but the setting here is so beautiful. We had drinks and music in our room, before heading down to Mixwell. The crowd was really busy and we stayed until there was no room to move. I'm still feeling sore from the massage but at least I can live my life again.
    Read more