Satellite
  • Day 7

    At Sea

    December 19, 2018, Natuna Sea ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today begins our cruise! Whilst I had a reasonable sleep, I fell ill during the night which was unfortunate. We went to the Mexican restaurant next door for a cheap breakfast before heading back to our room to pack up and chill out. Our check out was quite easy too, and we then took three different train lines to get to the cruise ship station.

    We got a refund on our train passes (just for handing them back in) before walking about ten minutes to the cruise ship terminal. When we booked this cruise, the agent said there was a chance we could get an upgrade. Sadly that didn't happen, as we were still stuck with our obstructed view cabin! There seemed to be unlimited checkpoints before we finally boarded the cruise, which included having to surrender your passport. It seemed a but strange but I guess it's to ease the visa and immigration process for each port.

    Before exploring the cruise ship, we went to have lunch in the dining room. We unintentionally compared it to our previous cruise on Celebrity, and found Princess to be lacking in this area. Afterwards we explored more of the ship and we like the design of the common areas. Since we also prefer the design of our cabin, we decided we would stop comparing the two different cruise lines.

    When we went to the pre-departure safety demonstration in the Japanese Sushi Restaurant which took ages. We went up to the deck for the sail away party, but the Singaporean heat was so oppressive, we gave up that idea. One thing that was really nice were a group of carollers in the Atrium, which was a great welcome to the cruise.

    When we went for dinner, the number of vegetarian options are really limited, so I might have to be pescatarian during this cruise. In the evening, we headed to the LGBT meeting which surprisingly attracted 16 of us, from Australia, the United States and Mexico, organised by Richie, a Colombian who works on the cruise. One thing we really like about this cruise is a messenger system you can access on your mobile phone, making communication with your fellow cruisers easy.

    Ted and I explored more of the ship before going to bed, although tomorrow is a ship day, giving us more time to look around.
    Read more