Satellite
  • Day 18

    Malibu, Oh Malibu, tis of you I sing ...

    December 13, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    I love Malibu and Topanga Canyon. For me this is the quintessential California experience. I don't mean the tony Malibu Colony parts, but the surfers off the side of Pacific Coast Highway, the coastline stretching out in front of you, the impossibly blue sky, the scrub, the fauna (right now parched,) the local restaurants.

    We are in an RV park about 20 miles from Topanga Canyon, on a ridge, so that when we pulled into our spot we had a view of the Pacific and could hear the waves. Delicious. This is the most expensive RV park we've been in at about $80.00 a night but the view alone makes it worthwhile. But it's also a nice park - wide spaces, nice bathrooms (I'll spare you pictures of the bathroom this time), a laundry facility with the best view of any laundry facility in the country. When you stay someplace like this, you have to resist the temptation to pop into Santa Monica or LA because you will get caught up in traffic and spoil this experience.

    We went to my favorite LA restaurant on Monday afternoon - Inn of the Seventh Ray - with our dear friend Hollis who introduced us and her son Ethan. Very Topanga Canyon, my food was infused with special elevating vibrations, etc. etc. and lunch was many hours. It's beautiful and well worth a visit if you come.

    Our time here is devoted to visiting people so not anything too interesting for you but I do have some nice pictures to show you with more to come. Hope you are well! xoxo
    Read more