Satellite
  • Day 70

    9th Nov 2012

    December 13, 2012 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Got to Bangkok about lunch time, checked into our posh hotel, the last of Ben's hotel points!

    Wanted to go to the grand palace and reclining buddha but was told the king was visiting them today so were closed and would be unable to get into that area of Bangkok.

    So we were at a loss of what to do with ourselves! We decided to walk around the area our hotel was in. There was not much to see- a lot of malls and hotels!

    We went to one mall, Ben got his hair cut while he was doing that I decided to have a pedicure. With my pedicure you got something called a heel scrub, this actually turned out to be a razor blade on a little handle thing, with which they 'shaved' your heels! Scared me to begin with, but worked very well! Not sure it would be allowed back home though!

    After this we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the hotel as tired from walking around, so we went to the gym for a run instead!

    The strangest thing happened whilst at the gym, a boy I went to school with that I haven't seen since I was 18 got on the running machine next to me! He now works in Bangkok and goes to the gym at the hotel. It's a small world!

    After this we went to do what we do best and sunbathed and swam in the hotel pool!

    For dinner we went to a restaurant called 'cabbages and condoms' (thanks for the recommendation sue). Having first accidentally ventured into the red light district! Had a lovely Thai meal and were given condoms instead of after dinner mints!

    We heard there was a music festival called lush on that evening so as had had a couple of cocktails decided to go to that.

    It was held in an old train station surrounded by a retro/ vintage market. It had loads of live band and djs. Was a late night!
    Read more