Satellite
  • Day 5

    The mouse’s west coast house.

    July 4, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Ok Mickey, Minnie and Walt’s whole gang, we are ready to check out your west coast digs.

    What brought us here?
    Well, first it was the kids (sort of…), second it was Cars Land, and third it was us (because of the kids and Cars Land). Disney’s Cars movie felt like such a significant part of our lives as our boys were growing up, especially with Isaac. Lightning McQueen and Mater were staples around our house. We watched the movie, had the toys, watched the movie, had the Halloween costume, watched the movie, got more toys, watched the movie and loved it every time! The chance to visit Cars Land was something we could not pass up (hopefully the kids like it as much as Mommy and Daddy will).

    Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Buzz, McQueen, from the classics to the modern we are here to see it all at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.

    What happened here?
    Our first day of park fun was spent at Disney California Adventure Park. Our alarm went off at 6 am to get us up and ready to head to the park for guest resort Magic Hour (resort guests get park access 1 hour before the park opens to the public at 8 am). Our first stop was the Fastpass station for Radiator Springs Racers. Once we had those in hand we enjoyed some breakfast at Flo’s V-8 Café. Sitting there, in this real-world of make-believe, it was quite an experience. We were literally in Radiator Springs! This was one of the moments we were waiting for. During the day we enjoyed numerous rides including Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout, Pixar Pal-A-Round Ferris Wheel and Toy Story Midway Mania… but we all agreed our favourite was Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land. We also got to see Mater, Groot, Captain America and Red (the fire engine from Cars).
    Late in the afternoon we headed back to the hotel for some pool time and the 4th of July Bar-b-q Extravaganza (food, music and fireworks.) Long, busy, exciting, tiring, hot, amazing day!

    DYK: Typically July 4th is the busiest day of the year at Disney Parks.
    Read more