Satellite
  • Day 9

    Marseille (Aix En Provence)

    July 24, 2019 in France ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    Early start today. Had a 9am shipside pickup. Downed our brekkie and followed the directions for our tour pickup. But, again, didn't go too smoothly. The driver was late because the port authority wouldn't let him through because they didn't have us and another family as being onboard the ship - I'm pretty sure we're onboard.

    Finally got our tour guide. 40 min drive into Marseille. Our guide (Marc) gave a quick foot tour then left us to wander the streets. Was similar to Gibralta, but French, lol.

    Checked out a gorgeous church then a quick drink. Super expensive place so no shopping today. But there were heaps of tastings along the street, like nougat and florintines. Headed back to the car at the meet up point and we were back at the ship by 1pm.

    Exciting times! Did a load of washing. Two washers and two dryers for our entire floor of about 300 rooms (so about 900 people). But we grabbed a machine and job done.

    Spent a few hours by the pool - in the shade, people watching, trying another cocktail (a martini something).

    Busy evening. Formal night for dining so got a bit dressed up. First it was an hour of ABBA in Club Fusion, dinner at 8pm (our set dining time), then off to the Princess Theatre with our dinner group to watch an hilarious Irish comedian, George Casey. Then we topped it off with a night cap in the Wheelhouse Bar.

    Porting in Genoa tomorrow. It's meant to be about 33c.
    Read more