Satellite
  • Day 3

    Go, Astros! (day 3 of training)

    October 25, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    OMG- I have to start at the end. I had the best lobster in the world as I know it! Soooo good! The Houston Astros are playing the Dodgers on the screen and this is exactly what I needed- local sports, delicious food, no more talking. I’m coming full circle! Been having conversations with Major Tom a lot lately. And the team of the day is called Astronauts, their mascot Orbit. Everything makes sense now! Calls for celebration. ‘Old fashioned’ it is!
    Before, another exciting day of training. I’m out of words, it’s simply getting even better every day. There is one colleague who travelled in from Japan, 14 hours difference in time. Today, on day 3, she was suffering the most. She is handling this amazingly. Still, I’m getting nervous about what will hit me next week when traveling to Singapore. That’s why I sneaked out of any group activities today after work, had some heart warming time calling home, did laundry and ended up on my own at the lobster place. It’s 9pm now. Nachti allerseits. I hope the astros win. But it doesn’t look good. Hertha lost, too. Schade.
    Read more